Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Three weeks of NetCAT 60 - Back in the saddle

Yes, it has been a while and I am actually longer than just 3 weeks member of NetCAT 60. But last week I was on vacation in Oman, scuba diving all week long. Believe it or not, I haven't thought about NetBeans during that week for a single time.

Now that I am back I've installed the dev build of last Monday. In my mailbox I found some notifications from Issuezilla that some UML bugs where fixed and I was kindly asked to retest. Which I am planning to do asap.
In the meantime, there are some WS-Client bugs that I encountered and am hoping that they were fixed as well. So that is something for me to find out as well. And if not fixed I need to bug a few people, because I need that WS-Client support stuff in NB. That is in fact one of the biggest problems I have with NetBeans; I have no clue as to what I am doing anymore, since NetBeans does it all for me. Creation of a WSDL? No idea as to how to do this. What makes a class a webservice? No idea, because NetBeans just does this for me. And more of the same in all areas. Wouldn't it be nice if there was somekind of 'stupid-mode' in NetBeans, that when you turn it on, NetBeans wouldn't help you at all but for syntax highlighting and compilation and stuff, but none of the code would be generated anymore. Than once you got the stuff done yourself, it would switch to smart-mode again, and you would never have to worry about that generic boiler plating anymore.

Anyway, I installed the dev build of last Monday, and my project didn't build anymore. Something to do with 'build.classes.dir.real' not being defined. This might be due to something I did myself, since I had been experimenting with some stuff related to WS-Client. So I won't report it. A revert to something in SVN fixed the problem, so I am back on track.


No comments: