Friday, November 30, 2007

My NetBeans, or your NetBeans?

Hi,

Dit you already register on My.NetBeans.org? A new social networking site specifically for the NetBeans community (disclaimer: this is my own definition of the site, not reflecting anything officially stated). Anyway, I did register as soon as I got onto the site. It, by the way, looks really good. I like the fading effects.

The only thing I don't like at the moment is the fact that it doesn't log me in automatically. I keep on clicking links having to login first before it does something. But hey, it's only a beta.

I am missing the contact option to add my share.java.net collaboration account next to my Skype and MSN to be contacted. And than have it integrated with NB Collaboration to see who is developing in NetBeans while I am surfing. Something like Xbox Live integrated with MSN and Windows Media Center. But hey, it's only the first incarnation.

Anyway, it's a great addition to the NB universe and definitely worth my while... eventually I think.

Iwan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

> I am missing the contact option to add
> my share.java.net collaboration account

I remember I added my share.java.net ID in one of the fields. Check again, maybe you overlooked it?

Unknown said...

Hmmmm, aha, so you added share.java.net behind it? Or did you leave that out?